Thursday, September 9, 2010

Opinion

Is it the Heart or Mind?

By Pepin

I joined the frenzied chat world one day to seek answers to one question that will definitely make anybody think for quite some time. The question goes this way, “What is more important to you, a beautiful mind or a beautiful heart, and why?” This surely sounds like a pageant-patty query, but this can be asked to anyone, including me and you. I needed to be a little serious and polite to raise this to exaggerated chatters, so that I won't get hysterical replies and end up lying over a gag on me.

You may be expecting a lot of cliché answers, but let’s try to probe on some of the statements of our Ilonggo chat mates concerning this matter. Well, it is up to you to disagree or not!

“I’ll go for a Beautiful Heart. You can nourish your mind and make it beautiful through proper education, but you cannot change a horrible heart. That is why you need a beautiful one from the very start.” (radiant_skin, 29, female)

“I think I choose to have a beautiful heart because it is pure and unlearned. We can learn new lessons and the mind can carry on with new learning experiences, therefore it can improve. But you can never force the heart to be kind.” (queer_eye, 23, male)

“A beautiful heart is what I opt. No matter how smart you are if you do not have a good heart, your wisdom is still useless.” (heyzlara, 20, female)

“ The Mind. If you will have a beautiful mind, you can train your heart to become beautiful as well.” (Juicydude, 25, male)

“I would choose to have both, because they could not be independently exclusive of each other. Your thoughts spring forth from the desires and motives of the heart.” (ysabelle, 24, female)

2 comments:

  1. this is a tough question... but i choose both! one can't exist without the other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. u shud have both.

    ReplyDelete