Monday, December 13, 2010

I wish:

Jennifer

By Pepin
20 years old
Household helper

In an urban zone, twenty-year old girls are often seen spending most of their time bar hopping and shopping. They talk, laugh, and party a lot with their friends. In other words, they love to socialize.

But for someone who is already pressured to work at this young age and values every centavo she earns, these “to-do-lists” of twenty-year old gals are often ignored. Just like Jennifer, who sees life at this age in a different angle. She is working hard to earn for her parents and siblings, and that is already making her comfortable and happy in life.

My present life is just as simple as what I planned it to be. I don’t want to complicate things, and I am enjoying every second of my life. Maybe, I belong to the millions of ordinary Filipino who wakes up early in the morning and work the whole day. Exhausting, but that’s the way it is.

I prepare for Christmas in a special way. I usually help my sisters and brothers at home in putting up our Christmas tree. On Christmas day, we invite some of our relatives to come over and enjoy a big party. Of course, the traditional “SP-SP” or exchange gift is there. But aside from all of these, we also hold gift-giving and feeding activities for the less fortunate members of our community.

If I will make one extraordinary wish, I want to become a beauty queen, and I want to follow the footsteps of the first Filipina Miss Universe, Gloria Diaz. She is smart, eloquent, and beautiful.

For the year 2011, I promise to work harder and to do my best in everything I do.

1 comment:

  1. na miss ko na ang SP-SP sa skul dati! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete