Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Eco-chic:

The Garden Explorer



By Pepin

Nature’s beauty cannot only be seen on pictures of vast landscapes, colossal waves, and extreme safaris. Sometimes, you just need to explore your own backyard for you to fully appreciate how beautiful this planet is.

I did it once, and I was able to recollect my thoughts that the earth is indeed full of life. I felt that everything was in the right place and in perfect harmony, and I sensed that nature has its own special way to remind me of its exquisiteness.




I am not an expert photographer, but I was able to take amazing still shots of the flora and fauna that are thriving peacefully in our garden at home. From creatures that dwell on dirt to colorful blooms hanging on shrubs, I was able to say to my self that we are lucky enough to be situated on the Goldilocks Zone of the solar system, because if we weren’t, this planet will be too hot or too cold for any of these living things, including ourselves, to sustain life.




It’s nice to wake up in the morning and see how these vibrant flowers bloom and how tiny creatures start their day as well. We need to appreciate these small wonders of nature for us to love and live life to the fullest. And most of all, we need to save our planet so that the future generations will be able to experience how truly wonderful this earth is (cliché? But it’s true.)


 "Nature never hurries. Atom by atom; little by little, she achieves her work." (Ralph Waldo Emerson) 

 


"Whoever loves and understands a garden will find contentment within." (Chinese Proverb)



"Keep your sense of proportion by regularly, preferably daily, visiting the natural world." (Catlin Matthews)

1 comment: