Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I wish

Manong Al

By Pepin
47 years old
Painter (contractual)

“Magic is in the air!” This is what the book, Olly Spellmaker and the Hairy Horror, is all about. Written by Susan Price, it embraces enchantment in a new twist, with the major characters in the story seizing plenty of magical spells that allow them to change their shape and their state of affairs.

Only if Manong Al can do the same, he would probably leave his paint brush behind and enjoy living a life of gold, diamonds, and pearls. His three kids would have been sent in some of the most prestigious schools in the world, and his wife’s hands would be free from those gruelling chores.

But his fate to strive harder in life has been prearranged. After all, he did not finish school. He had accepted his destiny and all that he has to do now is to become patient and indomitable in whatever he does.

My present life involves a lot of luck and hard work. It has been this way ever since. We are broke, but I am not giving up looking for a decent job.

I prepare for Christmas every year. I don’t want my family to miss the spirit of the season. It is not an excuse that we are poor for not celebrating the birth of our saviour. My wife cooks salad and pansit or spaghetti. I buy the bread and the beverages. It’s usually a small celebration, but my three kids enjoy it a lot.

If I will make one extraordinary wish, I want to become Rudy Fernandez, the action master popularly known as “Da Boy.” He is good-looking and he knows how to fight well in all the action scenes of his movies.

For the year 2011, I am only hoping for a better life. I know I will be working harder for my family especially that my children are growing up.

3 comments: