Friday, November 19, 2010

I wish

Nanay Lourdes

By Pepin
58 years old
Sidewalk vendor

At age 58, Nanay Lourdes never had a chance to experience her ultimate wish of fortune fulfilled. The demands of her day-to-day living may have been a long-term routine, but this doesn’t mean that she doesn’t clamour about how difficult it is to raise two kids and earn enough money to satisfy her family’s needs. However, having existed in this world for over half a century now, she still believes in the power of her dreams and prayers. After all she has been in safe hands and granted by God with good health all these years.

My present life is still the same as it was before. I wake up early in the morning, prepare my small stall, and vend all day. I’m comfortable with what I have been doing, but I still hope that I will be granted with a less demanding life by God.

I prepare for Christmas in a very simple way. Actually we don’t celebrate it at home, because I still take the chance to earn extra income during Christmas Eve, especially that hundreds of people attend the mass. This means I don’t stop vending at all. I just invite my husband and children to come over and help me out in the business, and we just celebrate Christmas here, on this spot right outside the church.

If I will make one extraordinary wish, I wish to go to my dream place, Switzerland! I consider it as a paradise. I’ve heard that there are lots and lots of chocolates, delicious food, and beautiful landscapes there. But I can easily make this extraordinary wish come true soon (laughs).

For the year 2011, I will strive harder to maintain a “himaya nga pangabuhi (peaceful life)” at home.

3 comments:

  1. hello. i was looking for some infos on bamboo recipes and i happened to stop over ur blog. u have very nice articles here. kip up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, U REALLY FIND TIME INTERVIEWING PEOPLE? THEY HAVE A VERY INSPIRING WISH.

    ReplyDelete