Sunday, October 3, 2010

Eco-chic:

An Entomologist For A Day
How I explored an incredible world
in my backyard


By Pepin

Sundays are usually reserved for relaxations and respites. But I utilized one of these rest days to go out and explore a whole new world; a world which maybe smaller than ours, but definitely one of its kind. Yes, it’s the world of insects!


I went to the countryside to capture still photos of magnificent little creatures that live inaudibly in this planet. I was surprised that they too can register well in the camera. Their colors gleamed vividly, and every shot was a masterpiece. They are all splendid and they made my nature-loving self jump in extreme exuberance.


I wondered why people consider them as “creepy crawlies” when all they have to do is to maintain the balance of the ecosystem. Without these little creatures, this world will be non-sense – flowers won’t bloom, trees will not bear fruits, and other animals will have no food to eat. In some major ways, these insects contribute to life, and Mother Nature put them there for a purpose.



At the end of the day, I realized that these so-called “creepy crawlies” are not that creepy at all. People indeed do a lot of stereotyping these days! And I can say that these wonderful tiny creatures may not have any stories to tell to everyone, but they sure make this planet an interesting place to live in.

3 comments: